Screening Spectacular Sept 22
Holy Family Memorial is planning a free “Screening Spectacular” on Saturday, September 22. The event is being held at Holy Family Memorial Medical Center, 2300 Western Avenue, Manitowoc, from 8 a.m. – 12 Noon.
The event features a variety of free and low cost health screenings. Screenings to be offered include:
The event also features a variety of mini-HealthTalks given by HFM physicians and staff. Times and topics include:
- Blood pressure
- Carpal tunnel
- Diabetes (12 hour fast recommended)
- Lab Direct Access Tests (Details at hfmhealth.org/lab-tests; fees involved)
- Lung cancer (By appointment – call 320.6777; fee involved)
- Mammograms (By appointment – call 320.6777; fee involved)
- Memory assessment
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Sleep apnea
- Swelling of the arms or legs
- Varicose Vein Leg (By appointment – call 320.6777; fee involved)
At 10:00 a.m., featured speakers Mad Dog and Merrill will give a fun and entertaining presentation on healthy tailgating.
- 8:30 a.m. – Neuropathy; Dr. Steven Erlemeier, HFM Neuroscience
- 9:00 a.m. – Do I Really Need Surgery? Dr. Alan Sbar, HFM General & Vascular Surgery
- 9:30 a.m. – Medication Disposal Dilemma?, Greg Unertl, RPH, HFM Pharmacy
- 10:30 a.m. – Fiber and Diverticulosis; Dr. William Alvarez, HFM Gastroenterology
This event is free and no registration is required, except for the few indicated screenings that require a fee and/or an appointment. For more information and the latest updates about this event, call Insights, a health resource center at 320.2519, or visit www.hfmhealth.org/getscreened .