HFM to accept UnitedHealthcare
Holy Family Memorial (HFM) announced that they will be a contracted provider in the UnitedHealthcare Group as of November 1, 2012. As of that date, anyone who has insurance coverage through United is able to use HFM as a preferred provider.
“After much discussion and many conversations over the past years, we have signed a three-year agreement with United that we feel recognizes HFM as an essential part of the healthcare market in our region,” states Mark Herzog, HFM President and CEO.
“We look forward to this renewed relationship with United, which allows us to serve the healthcare needs of employers in our community who are part of UnitedHealthcare Group, and allows their employees to have access to the exceptional quality and personalized care we provide at HFM.”
HFM, the largest provider of health care services in Manitowoc County, is a network of more than 1,300 healthcare professionals, including 90 providers, an inpatient and outpatient medical center, more than 15 clinics, retail pharmacies, a home medical supply retail store, a medically-based wellness center, and a state-of-the-art rehab facility.
“Holy Family Memorial is not only focused on making patients better and helping them achieve healthier lives, but on making ourselves better through innovation and performance excellence. This is reflected in the consistent national recognition of our outstanding quality and safety of care, our publicly reported quality scores that serve as measures of our success, and current measures that benchmark us among top performers,. says Herzog.” He highlights some of HFM’s recent distinguished quality and safety awards, including:
"These achievements are a true testament to the dedication of our physicians and staff to ensure we deliver the safest and most compassionate care, as well as the best outcomes for our patients and their families."
- 2012 Quality Distinction Rating for 5-Star Quality in multiple categories, including knee replacement and gynecologic surgery
- 2012 recipient of Anthem Quality Improvement Program bonus for top-tier performance
- 2012 recipient of Humana Physician Quality Model Practice Rewards Program bonus
- Two-time recipient of national Patient Safety Excellence Award
- Exceeding state and national benchmarks for American Hospital Association’s Hospital Quality Alliance
- Rising Star Award for continued commitment to maintaining HIMSS Analytics Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Adoption Level 6
For more information on HFM, visit www.hfmhealth.org/united .