Wednesday, July 06, 2016
Holy Family Memorial announces scholarship winners.
Holy Family Memorial and its medical staff announced $11,000 in scholarship awards for Manitowoc County students pursuing a career in healthcare.
The HFM medical staff presented a $2,000 Holy Family/Medical Endowment Scholarship to each of the following students:
- Obry is presently attending Carroll University with a major in Exercise Science/Pre-physical therapy
- Chang is presently attending University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh with a major in Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- DeZeeuw will attend University of Wisconsin-Madison and major in Genetics with a Pre-med emphasis
- Dixon will attend University of Wisconsin-Madison and major in Biomedical Engineering
- Schultz is presently attending Marquette University College of Nursing and pursuing her master of science degree in nursing for nurse-midwifery
Christine Lohr was awarded with the Tomorrow’s Healthcare Professional Scholarship and received $1,000. Lohr will attend University of Wisconsin-Madison and major in Pre-Med.
Holy Family Memorial and its medical staff created the scholarships to recognize youth in the community for their outstanding commitment and academic excellence as well as play a role in developing the next generation of healthcare professionals.
(Left to Right):HFM Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President Jane Curran-Meuli, Christine Lohr and HFM President and CEO Mark Herzog
(Left to Right): Dr. Larry Verlinden, Holy Family Memorial, Brianna Obry, Yang Chang and Alyssa DeZeeuw. Not present: Mallory Dixon and Kira Schultz