Fitness Programs and Classes
Explore the classes and programs
we are proud to offer.
Advanced AF Aquatic
Designed by the Arthritis Foundation, this water exercise class helps to improve joint flexibility and reduce pain and stiffness. Optional deep water lower extremity and abdominal exercises are included.
H.I.I.T. & Advanced H.I.I.T
The latest in workout trends! This class will provide interval training using cardio, strength and core work. Why HIIT?
- Super-efficient: HIIT is the ideal workout for a busy schedule—whether you want to squeeze in a workout during your lunch break or to get in shape for a fast-approaching event. Research shows you can achieve more progress in a mere 15 minutes of interval training (done three times a week) jogging on the treadmill for an hour. And according to a 2011 study presented at the American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, just 2 weeks of high-intensity intervals improves your aerobic capacity as much as 6 to 8 weeks of endurance training.
- Burn calories: Not only do you burn more calories during a HIIT workout, but the effect of all that intense exertion kicks your body's repair cycle into hyperdrive. That means you burn more fat and calories in the 24 hours after a HIIT workout than you do after, say, a steady-pace run.
- Heart healthy: Most people aren't used to pushing into the anaerobic zone (that lovely place where you can't breathe and you feel like your heart is trying to jump out of your chest). But in this case, extreme training produces extreme results. One 2006 study found that after 8 weeks of doing HIIT workouts, subjects could bicycle twice as long as they could before the study, while maintaining the same pace.
- Increase metabolism: In addition to increased fat burning and more muscle preserved, HIIT stimulates production of your human growth hormone (HGH) by up to 450 percent during the 24 hours after you finish your workout. This is great news since HGH is not only responsible for increased caloric burn but also slows down the aging process, making you younger both inside and out!
- It’s challenging! This is not a workout you can do while reading a magazine or chatting with your friend. Because it's so short, you will be working hard the whole time. The trade-off is this format offers seasoned exercisers a new challenge and new exercisers a quick way to see results. You may be in pain, you may be sucking wind, but you definitely won't be bored!
Exercises used in this class were developed by physical therapists to address the pain, fatigue and decreased strength that often accompanies arthritis. The soothing warmth and buoyancy of the water make this program an ideal environment for relieving arthritis pain and stiffness. Suitable for every fitness level.
AF Tai Chi
This exercise program is designed to provide people of all ages and a wide range of physical abilities with a “joint friendly” exercise alternative. The program uses Sun-style tai chi, which is particularly supportive of joint health because it includes agile steps, high stances, gentle movements, and relaxed breathing.
Tai chi is an ancient discipline with benefits for the body, mind and spirit. Participants have expressed the following benefits:
- Increased joint flexibility and range of motion
- Improved balance and coordination
- Improved posture and body awareness
- Sustained muscle strength and stamina
- Increased ability to relax and cope with stress
- Improved lung function and breathing capacity
- Improved concentration and memory
Designed to create a stronger, leaner body like an athlete, without impact on joints! Athletica is a joint-friendly series of higher intensity intervals with weights or bodyweight. Burn fat while developing strong muscles!
Conditioning moves combined with strengthening and stretching to target cardiovascular training, jumping, and running to enhance your athletic ability.
This water aerobics class incorporates both cardio and resistance exercises to help tone and sculpt your entire body!
BodyPump™ is the original Les Mills barbell class. It will sculpt, tone, and strengthen your entire body, fast! Focusing on low weight loads and high repetition movements, you'll burn fat and gain strength while producing lean body muscle conditioning. BodyPump™ is one of the world's fastest ways to get in shape, as it challenges all of your major muscle groups while you squat, press, lift and curl. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came in for – and fast! A new BodyPump™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography.
The benefits of BodyPump™:
- Shapes and tones the muscles
- Improves general fitness and well-being
- Helps increase bone density
- Burns hundreds of calories per class
Join this class to incorporate interval training on the Free Motion equipment and free weights for one of the best strength and cardio workouts in one!
CXWORX™ is a short, sharp, intense, hugely effective 30-minute workout that focuses on strengthening your core. It was designed by the LES MILLS™ team with a carefully structured and scientific approach to ensure this unforgiving workout tightens and tones your body, improves your core strength and aids injury prevention.
CX Worx™ Plus
Complete the CX Worx™ class, followed by 15 minutes of quick cardio to maximize your workout!
Group cycling class is designed for all fitness levels. It involves various cycling drills that offer an exhilarating cardiovascular workout. *Grab a number from the front desk to reserve your bike before cycling class begins.
This aquatic workout utilizes the water’s resistance to develop core strength and balance while improving cardiovascular endurance. Floatation belts to help make this class challenging with deep water resistance. Class held in the lap pool.
Fit & Strong
Join this group to change up your routine or learn new exercises using free weights instead of the strength circuit. Free weight exercises are a great way to improve balance, introduce variety, improve the quality of everyday skills, and balance out the left and right side of your body. Watch for this class seasonally!
Join this 30 minute low impact cardio and sculpting class to keep you moving and get fit to the beat of classic tunes.
Gentle Yoga is a class structured around rejuvenating and healing the body. Yoga props such as blankets, blocks, bolsters, chairs and straps are often used for safe practice, and to allow the body to fully achieve each position comfortably. This class is held at a slower pace and focuses on stretching all areas of the body, while releasing stress and tension from joints and muscles.
A variety of aerobic conditioning through circuit, interval, and strength training sessions with the use of aquabells and noodles.
Insanity™ is a cardio class, based on max interval training. This class will push you past your limits with athletic/plyometric drills mixed with intervals of strength, power, resistance, and core training. No equipment or weights needed. You don't have to be in extreme shape– levels of each exercise are provided. Time to dig deep!
High Intensity doesn't have to mean high impact. Every person’s high intensity is different from everyone else in class. With timed segments, you don't have to follow the beat of the music, you get in as many repetitions as it right for you!
This is a low impact physical activity class to reduce pain an decrease stiffness of joints. Great gentle range of motion exercises suitable for everyone and to help with Arthritis.
The Kettlebell is a cast iron weight, ranging from 5 lbs to over 100 lbs, shaped like a cannonball with a handle. Kettlebells offer a different kind of training using dynamic movements which target almost every aspect of fitness, endurance, strength, balance, agility and cardio endurance.
The beauty of the Kettlebell is it works many different muscle groups within a single workout. You take the workout at your own pace and (weight level) so it is perfect for any age and ability.
Kettlebell training requires you to hold the weight in one or both hands and go through a variety of swings, presses or pulling motions. Some movements have you changing the Kettlebell between hands - as the weight swings or as you move laterally, you are required to stabilize your body.
Latin Moves Aqua
Take the moves of the Latin dances to the water for this new twist on dancing!
Low Impact / Sculpt
Focus on improving your muscle tone, flexibility, balance, and stability with the use of exercise balls, light dumbbells, exercise bands, and cardio exercises.
A workout that used a series of movements that flow from one to another to help the core muscles strengthen and stretch.
This is a yoga class for all levels, where everyone can work at their own pace and enjoy the benefits of yoga.
A fast-paced yoga class linking breath with movement.
This class is to help people with neuropathy improve strength and flexibility and circulation.
This class is designed to help increase mobility , movement and balance for those with Parkinsons. (additional cost for this class see front desk for details).
Make a splash in the pool with this mix of cardio and sculpt, set to the music you love from the 50's and 60's.
Power of 3
This class includes the three components of fitness using light weight. Build strength, core and cardio all in one class.
Focus on poses to gently stretch you from head to toe, ending in a soothing period of total relaxation.
Step It Up
Exciting choreographed moves to increase your cardiovascular capacity and muscle conditioning giving you a great overall workout.
A 75 minute combination class of cardio and strength training; BodyPump with Step, Zumba, TurboKick, or Insanity.
The TRX® suspension trainer is an exercise system that leverages gravity and your bodyweight to allow you to perform hundreds of effective exercises.
You're in control of how much you want to challenge yourself on each exercise because you are able to adjust your body position to add or decrease resistance accordingly.
The ultimate cardiovascular challenge that’s a unique blend of intense intervals of strength/endurance training, and a relaxing cool-down; a combination of intense kickboxing moves as well as dance moves performed to high energy, motivating music.
A stronger and faster paced class designed to focus on the breath and its relationship to the pose. This practice is a total body workout that creates longer, leaner muscles and a body with more mobility to improve circulation. This class is a great class to clear out all the static in both the body and mind to prepare you for meditation.
Water Tai Chi
This class uses the same exercises as the Tai Chi with the warmth of the water to help balance.
Have fun and get your workout in at the same time with this class. This is a noncompetitive and fun way to get your heart rate up and some great exercise.
Burn calories and build muscle with interval training includes weights and cardio. (additional cost for this class see front desk)
Enjoy all of the physical and mental benefits of strength and stamina in this moderate yoga class.
This fun, exciting & upbeat Latin dance workout won’t feel like exercise! Easy to follow moves.