Finding out what you are allergic to is an important step in effectively treating your allergies. We offer two types of allergy testing:
Allergy skin test:
- a small amount of the suspected allergen is placed in the skin to see if a reaction develops. Many suspected allergens can be tested at the same time.
- If you are allergic to one of the tests, redness or swelling will appear in the test area.
- Skin testing offers results within 30 minutes, is generally more specific due to the sensitivity of the testing and often is less expensive as well.
Allergy blood test:
- Often used when a patient is taking a medication that can interfere with skin testing, but cannot be stopped for a few days.
- Because the blood test needs to be sent to a lab it takes a few days for a patient to receive their results.
- Blood tests often cost more than skin tests.
The results from either test need to be discussed
and interpreted by a healthcare provider along with a review of your
medical history to help determine how to effectively treat your
Most insurance companies cover allergy testing.
Schedule an allergy test today!
or Call HFM Otolaryngology at 920-320-4380