- Helps reduce pain & fatigue
- Prevent, identify and manage lymphedema
- Correct postural deviation
- Increase treatment tolerance
- Manage side effects treatment
- Return to pre-treatment levels of strength and fitness
Specialized classes and programs for those living with arthritis designed to improve joint flexibility and relieve joint stiffness.
Click here for more details.
Classes target middle-aged or older women and include progressive weight training, flexibility, balance activities and nutrition education. Goal is to:
- Improve bone density
- Reduce falls
- Improve arthritis symptoms
- Increase flexibility
- Increase strength
Click here to view information about the next Strong Women class!
This supervised exercise program has the option of meeting up to 5 days per week. Participants begin and end each exercise session having their blood pressure and blood oxygen levels measured.
- Balance U - Balance your body; help balance your life! Learn simple and progressive balance exercises that will aid in fall prevention and improve your focus in other workouts.
- Cycleates - A traditional cycling class followed by pilates moves.
- Cycling - Using indoor cycling bikes, this class will provide a fun and challenging cardiovascular workout for all levels.
- Forever Fit - A 30-minute, low impact cardio and sculpting class to keep you moving and get you fit, all to the beat of some classic tunes.
- Low Impact/Sculpt - Focus on improving your muscle tone, flexibility, balance and stability with the use of exercise balls, light dumbbells, exercise bands and cardio exercises.
- Mat Pilates - A series of movements that flow from one to another to help the core muscles strengthen and stretch.
- Pilates/Core - Increase your balance and stability while shaping and toning your midsection, incorporating the breathing techniques of Pilates.
- Relaxation Yoga - Focus on poses to gently stretch you from head to toe, ending in a soothing period of total relaxation.
- Yoga - Enjoy a mind-body experience focusing on breathing, posture, relaxation and meditation.
- Aqualatte - Water aerobics incorporating both cardio and resistance exercises through aquabells to help tone and sculpt your entire body.
- Joint Effort - Improve joint flexibility and relieve joint stiffness with this specialized water program for those living with arthritis.
- Pool Party - Make a splash in the pool with this mix of cardio and sculpt, set to the music you love from the 50’s and 60’s.
- Tribal Aqua - An expressive combination of yoga, breath and movement with uplifting music from around the world.
- Water Pilates - Bring the moves of pilates into the pool to strengthen your midsection and make you stronger.
- Water Yoga - Enjoy the same mind-body experience focusing on breathing, posture, relaxation and meditation in the warm water therapy pool.
Physical effects of massage:
- Muscle relaxation
- Increases alertness
- Promotes good joint function
- Increases circulation
- Reduces blood pressure & heart rate
- Improves immune function
- Reduces pain
- Aids in digestion
- Reduces colic in infants
- Increases oxygen flow
- Improves blood circulation
Psychological effects of massage:
- Increases mental clarity
- Reduces anxiety
- Promotes feelings of general well-being
WellSpa - more information and to schedule your massage