If you have gallstones, you may want to take care of them soon so you can enjoy life again.
Here are some reasons to consider:
- Gallstones don’t go away on their own.
- You can enjoy meals with family and friends again without fear of pain.
- Putting off taking care of the stones might cause the need for emergency surgery or could lead to pancreatitis, a life-threatening disease.
- A planned surgery typically results in your being able to go home the same day, while if you wait until your condition requires emergency surgery, you could be in for a lengthy hospital stay and higher risk of complications.
- Your insurance deductible may be higher next year so it’s good to consider having the stones taken care of before it goes up.
- Most gallstones can be taken care of using minimally invasive techniques with tiny incisions, getting you back to your activities quickly.