Join HFM Hospice and a group of local widows for a workshop to help you strengthen
your inner soul and body through inspiration, nutrition and exercise.
HFM Hospice volunteer Shirley Fessler has been honored with the Hospice Volunteer of the Year award from the statewide Hospice and Palliative Experts of Wisconsin organization.
She is the only person in the state to receive this award. Shirley was nominated for the award by HFM Hospice Volunteer Coordinator Sue Fink. Congratulations Shirley!
When a cure is not possible for a life-limiting illness, our hospice team provides HOPE through:
- Specialized physical, emotional, and spiritual care that focuses on comfort and quality of life.
- Service to patients regardless of age, gender or terminal diagnosis.
- Expert medical care provided in the home or home-like setting.
- Holistic education designed to empower caregiver confidence.
- Local & Accessible 24/7
Our hospice emphasizes COMPASSION for all needs through our specially trained community-based team.
HFM Hospice encourages open communication with patients when exploring their life review. A gentle, non-judgemental approach offers peace and resolution. Our 13 month bereavement program consists of: mailings, personal counseling, listening visits with volunteers and an annual Service of Remembrance.
- Registered nurses
- Medical director
- Home health aides
- Social worker
- Staff Chaplain
- On call staff
- Pet therapy
- And other contracted services
Individualized plan of care may include:
- Controlling pain & symptoms to within comfortable limits
- Emotional and spiritual support in coping with death and dying issues
- Help in arranging for equipment, supplies & medications
- Assistance with insurance and other financial concerns
- Grief support to family members for up to a year after the death has occurred
"HFM Hospice understood my husband’s needs. We didn’t realize that a hospice program costs are a Medicare benefit*. They made volunteers available so I could get out, relax and know that Syd was in good hands."
The HFM Hospice Office is located at:
2300 Western Avenue
P.O. Box 1450
Manitowoc, WI 54221-1450
|For more information call 920.320.4235
For volunteer information call 920.320.4232
To fill out a volunteer application, please go to the volunteer page.