WHAT IS A HOSPITALIST?
A hospitalist is a physician who cares for all patients hospitalized with medical illnesses. It is a physician who has committed him or herself to providing excellent hospital care along with the current team of nursing and support staff. Hospitalists improve the quality of care, communication, and patient safety during a patients hospital stay.
BENEFITS OF A HOSPITALIST
Having a hospitalist on duty benefits both patients and their family members for many reasons:
- A physician is available in the hospital throughout the day, able to respond to changing conditions or questions promptly.
- The physician can concentrate on the needs of inpatients without balancing a full schedule of office patients.
- The hospitalist can be more aware of new inpatient treatments and therapies and can coordinate the care of needed specialists more efficiently.
- Being continuously available to nursing staff promotes better communication among your team of caregivers.
- Fewer transfers of care between covering physicians.
MEET THE HOSPITALISTS
If you have any questions or concerns about the hospitalist program, please call the director of clinic management (primary care) at 920-320-6212.