We offer the latest technology to ensure you get the right care for your breast health.
Holy Family Memorial offers comprehensive breast health services you need, close to home. Our Women’s Imaging Center offers a calming environment with the most advanced digital breast imaging technology to detect breast abnormalities at the earliest possible stage.
- Genius™ 3D digital mammography
- Breast screening with 3D diagnostic imaging
- Breast health education
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast biopsy
- A nurse navigator to answer mammogram questions or guide breast cancer patients from diagnosis through treatment
The breast is a three-dimensional object composed of different structures located at different heights within the breast. These structures can overlap and cause confusion when viewed as a flat two-dimensional image. This confusion of overlapping of tissue is a leading reason why small breast cancers may be missed and normal tissue may appear abnormal, leading to unnecessary callbacks.
Using breast tomosynthesis technology, the Genius™ 3D digital mammography system by Hologic creates a 3-dimensional image of the breast structure, which enables radiologists to more clearly see through overlapping tissue to detect cancers, often at an earlier stage. It shows radiologists thin mammography sections of the entire breast.
This system is the first FDA-approved breast tomosynthesis system in the U.S. Hologic Genius 3D™ mammography exams are now available in all 50 states and over 50 countries. To date, more than 8 million women have been screened with this advanced screening system.
Scheduling your mammogram may not be the first thing on your to-do list, but it should be. Early detection is your greatest ally in the fight against breast cancer. When breast cancer is detected early, the 5-year survival rate is 98 percent.
An early detection plan consists of breast self-exams, clinical breast exam and mammograms. The American Cancer Society recommends the following breast cancer screening guidelines:
- Women should know how their breasts normally look and feel and report any changes promptly to their healthcare provider. Breast self-exams are optional for women in their 20s.
- Clinical breast exams are recommended every 3 years for women in their 20s and 30s and every year for women 40 and older
- Yearly mammograms are recommended starting at age 40
Self-referred mammogram appointments are available year round at Holy Family Memorial. The cost is billed to the patient’s insurance company at the standard rate.
Self-referral screening mammograms are offered all year round during the following times:
- Monday: 6:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 6:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 6:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 6:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 6:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please call 920-320-6777 to schedule your exam.
- HFM Women's Health
- 4303 Michigan Avenue
- Manitowoc, WI 54220
- (920) 320-6705