Wellness checkup for medicare participants
Medicare now provides a free annual wellness visit with a healthcare provider to those enrolled in Medicare. The annual wellness visit will be performed by a non-physician health professional recognized by Medicare and who is working under the direct supervision of a physician. They will take the patient's blood pressure, height, weight, BMI, and ask a series of questions relating to medical and social history, allergies, medications, family history, and routine screening (depression, hearing loss, functional, and home safety).
What is included in the checkup:
- A review and update of family history and medical history
- A review and updated list of current providers
- Measure height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, and other routine measurements
- Assessment for cognitive impairments
- A review of potential risk factors for depression
- A review of functionality ability and level of safety
- A written screening schedule
- A list of risk factors and conditions for which interventions are recommended
- Health advice and referrals to health education or preventative counseling services
Based upon information shared during your visit, the healthcare provider you meet with will make recommendations to help keep you in the best shape possible!
This wellness checkup takes about 30 minutes and is available at:
HFM Family Medicine
1650 S. 41st Street
HFM Two Rivers Health Center
3310 45th Street
HFM Internal Medicine
1900 Woodland Drive
We encourage you to take advantage of this invaluable opportunity to meet one on one with our health care professionals who can help make recommendations specific to you.
Take charge of your health and call today to schedule your FREE Wellness Visit.
Things to bring along for your free annual wellness visit if you have them:
- A list of all health care providers (specialists, eye doctors, dentists, etc.) that you have seen in the past 12 months
- All medications you are taking, including vitamins and over-the-counter products
- Your advance medical directive if you have one
- Any questions you may have about how to manage your health and prevent illness