Cancer is a life-changing diagnosis that can leave people stunned and searching for answers. At the HFM Cancer Center, patients can turn to our nurse navigator Pattie Wellner, RN., to help them through every phase of the cancer journey.
Pattie is an experienced oncology nurse who has worked with cancer patients for 30 years. She has a deep understanding of the cancer journey; she not only works on the healthcare side but also experienced it in her personal life when her loved one was diagnosed.
As a nurse navigator, Pattie helps cancer patients:
- Communicate with doctors
- Learn about disease and treatment options
- Manage treatment side effects
- Setup appointments and rides to treatments
- Understand insurance issues and paperwork
- Receive financial resources and assistance
- Find community resources available to patients
- Find answers
Pattie begins working with cancer patients as soon as they receive a diagnosis. She begins developing a survivorship plan to ensure patients have the support system needed through every step of their journey.