About Our Organization
Holy Family Memorial is a sophisticated, technologically advanced and integrated healthcare organization. It consists of a comprehensive community hospital and multispecialty physician group with approximately 80 providers. The acute care hospital consists of 80 private patient rooms, including a 10-bed ICU and 10-room OR, a hospitalist program for adult inpatient care and state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging and laboratory services. The hospitalist service assists in streamlining care for patients who are admitted from the Emergency Department. The organization is committed to robust primary care (family medicine and internal medicine) and specialty services such as:
- Orthopedics including hand & upper extremity, foot & ankle, spine, sports medicine & shoulder, joint replacement surgery, and related rehabilitation, chiropractic care and physiatry.
- Cardiovascular services including a dedicated, interventional cardiac cath lab, 64-slice CT scanner with capability of performing cardiac CT angiography, as well as all of the traditional cardiology services.
- Cancer services including hematology, medical and radiation oncology and a partnership with a regional, tertiary cancer center.
- Women’s and children’s services including obstetrics/gynecology and pediatrics, as well as related specialty programming organized around the life span.
- General and vascular surgery, otolaryngology, audiology, gastroenterology, urology, podiatry, pain specialists and behavioral health services.
- Home care, durable medical equipment and pharmacy, as well as a medically-based fitness center.
Holy Family Memorial is sponsored by the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity, and has served the Lakeshore Region since 1899. Its mission is to help individuals and communities achieve healthier lives.
Holy Family Memorial is accredited by the Joint Commission and has been recognized nationally for its commitment to patient care safety, quality and leadership.
Just of the few awards are:
- Four-time recipient of the National Excellence in Patient Safety Award (top 5% of hospitals)
- Recipient of Solucient 100 Top Performance Improvement Leaders (top 2%)
- Awarded Premier CareScience Select Practice Quality Leader (top 1%)
- Recognized as Top 25 Most Wired Small Hospitals
Manitowoc is located in Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Michigan and is ideal for both raising a family and pursuing outdoor interests. In fact, Forbes rated Manitowoc as one of three top small cities in America to raise a family due to: solid average incomes, good educational prospects, low costs, short commute times and high rates of home ownership. The community offers a public and two parochial (one Catholic and one Lutheran) school systems K through 12, as well as a multitude of activities for children and families. There is an abundance of public beaches, state parks, and biking trails in the area. There are also numerous lakes for fishing and boating. Manitowoc is in a great location- 45 minutes from Green Bay, 1.25 hours from Milwaukee, and 2.5 hours from Chicago. Golf enthusiasts will enjoy that Whistling Straits, home of the 2010 PGA Championship and a ‘Top 5 Golf Destination’, is just 10 minutes south of Manitowoc. City of Manitowoc website