Fellowship trained vascular surgeon Dr. Milan Jordan of Manitowoc Surgical Associates can help you diagnose and treat P.A.D.
For an appointment,
HFM General & Vascular Surgery
2300 Western Avenue
P.O. Box 5
Click for Map
Peripheral arterial disease, also known as P.A.D., is a common, yet serious disease. It is commonly called clogged arteries in the legs and increases your risk of heart attack, stroke, amputation and death.
- Leg pain while walking that goes away when you rest
- Non-healing leg wounds
- Leg cramping
- Cold feet
- Leg ulcers
- Lack of hair growth on your toes and legs
The cause of plaque buildup in the limbs is unknown in most cases. However, there are some conditions and habits that raise your chance of developing P.A.D.
Your risk increases if you:
- Are over the age of 50
- Smoke or used to smoke
- Have diabetes
- Have high blood pressure
- Have high blood cholesterol
- Have a personal history of vascular disease, heart attack, or stroke
- Are African American. African Americans are more than twice as likely to have P.A.D. as their white counterparts
A peripheral arterial disease screening can help you learn if you have P.A.D. The cost for this screening is $40 if purchased separately but can be combined with other screenings for a discount. Learn more about our Healthy Life Screens