Holy Family Memorial has become of the home of TomoTherapy, a new way of delivering exact, intense radiation therapy around the patient. TomoTherapy offers cutting-edge technology in the fight against cancer, and patients in our community can now receive this advanced treatment right here at HFM’s Cancer Center.
- It is one of the most integrated, advanced systems for comprehensive treatment available today. The all-in-one system scans and treats patients using just the one machine, which makes it faster, more accurate and convenient.
- Helps to effectively treat hard-to-reach and complex tumors by providing highly precise targeting and attacking of cancer cells.
- Customizes treatment delivery specifically for YOU! Your radiation oncology team designs a personalized treatment plan for you and can adjust it at any time during your course of treatment.
- Minimizes damage to healthy tissue.
- May result in fewer and less severe side effects.
What is TomoTherapy? Advanced image-guided, intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) that:
- Attacks tumors with highly precise radiation from 360 degrees around you, giving doctors more control of targeting the radiation to where it needs to go and decreasing damage to healthy tissue and organs.
- Capable of treating small, large and multiple tumors.
- Truly is a revolutionary innovation in the fight against cancer.
For more information, please call our Cancer Center at 920.320.2749.
Cancer Center main page