Holy Family Memorial and its medical staff recently awarded scholarships, totaling more than $13,000 to seven area students who are attending or will attend an accredited educational institution and have declared a healthcare-related major.
The HFM medical staff awarded the following students with the Holy Family Medical/Dental Endowment Scholarship. Each of the winners received $2,000.
- Amanda Thiers – University of Wisconsin-La Crosse; majoring in kinesiology
- Kristen Holzwart, RN – Alverno College; pursuing a master’s degree for family nurse practitioner
- Jesse Linsmeier – University of Wisconsin-La Crosse; majoring in clinical laboratory studies
- Caroline Klessig – University of Wisconsin-Madison; majoring in neurobiology and global health
- Katherine Satori – University of Wisconsin-Madison; majoring in biochemistry
- Lydia Klatt – St. Norbert College; majoring in biology
Tiana Johnson was awarded with the Tomorrow’s Healthcare Professional Scholarship and received $1,000. She will attend the University of Wisconsin-Manitowoc and major in nursing.
Holy Family Memorial and its medical staff created the scholarships to recognize individuals in the community for their outstanding commitment and academic excellence as well as play a role in developing the next generation of healthcare professionals.