Manitowoc, Wis., (August 25, 2021) – Holy Family Memorial in affiliation with Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin is now offering third doses of COVID-19 vaccine to immunocompromised individuals.
The Centers for Disease Control recently announced that immunocompromised individuals should receive a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. This includes people who have:
• Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
• Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
• Advanced or untreated HIV infection
• Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (more than prednisone 20mg/day) or other drugs that may suppress your immune response. These include: methotrexate, Arava (leflunomide), sulfasalazine, Imuran (azathioprine), anti-TNF medications (Enbrel, Humira, Simponi, Cimzia, Remicade), JAK inhibitors (Xeljanz, Olumiant, Rinvoq), Actemra, Orencia, Kevzara, Cosentyx, Taltz, Stelara, Benlysta, Skyrizi, or Tremfya.
COVID-19 vaccinations are free of charge. Third does vaccinations as well as standard COVID-19 vaccinations are available at a variety of HFM locations, days and times. Appointments are required; call 920-320- 3333.
About Holy Family Memorial
Holy Family Memorial, in affiliation with the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network, is the recognized leader and largest provider of comprehensive health care services in Manitowoc County. Founded by the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity, Holy Family Memorial, rooted in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, is committed to providing high quality medical care and dedicated to helping individuals in the communities Holy Family Memorial serves achieve healthier lives. The Froedtert & MCW health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma Center at Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee. It also includes eight hospital locations, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics.