Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Launch of New Electronic Health Record
In an effort to support its mission of helping residents achieve healthier lives, Holy Family Memorial (HFM) is launching a new Electronic Health Record (EHR) in partnership with Cerner Corporation. The implementation process will begin in the second quarter of 2015 with a completion and activation in 2016.
As an electronic version of medical records, the new EHR system will allow patients to become more engaged in their overall health. Specific patient benefits will include:
- Keeping track of vaccines, test results and medications
- Ensuring personal information is complete and accurate
- Having easy access to medical history when seeing new providers or specialists
To select the new EHR vendor, HFM went through a thorough evaluation process that compared three top-quality EHR providers. Cerner Corporation was selected based on its ability to effectively meet HFM’s criteria, which included having an EHR that could:
- Easily communicate and share data among healthcare providers and other EHR systems
- Provide real-time data analytics
- Proactively assist in clinic decision making and long-term care management
During the implementation process, patients should be prepared to discuss their medical history, present personal identification and bring insurance cards and supplemental information. Even if patients have previously shared this information with HFM, it may be needed for establishing a patient profile on the new system.