Childbirth Education Classes
Learning what to expect before and during labor and childbirth is essential to your pregnancy. HFM provides FREE classes that include information about the process of labor and birth, pain control during labor, and breathing and relaxation for labor and birth. The classes also include information on lifestyle changes, caring for your newborn, and breastfeeding. For your convenience, the class sessions take place at the hospital, so you can tour our Women’s and Children’s Center. Classes cover a wide range of topics including:
- Understanding the labor and birth process
- Comfort measures for labor, including pain management information
- Breastfeeding techniques
- Immediate postpartum care and transition home with baby
- Touring the HFM Women’s and Children’s Center
To allow for a more personal learning session, class size is limited to 10 couples per session. The HFM childbirth classes are free to all HFM Women’s Health patients. There is a $50 fee for non-HFM patients.
Childbirth classes are held on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. Select a date below to register for an upcoming session.
Held every Wednesday from 10-11 a.m., Mom’s Club is an opportunity for new mothers to socialize, share stories and ask for advice. A registered nurse will be available to answer health-related questions. Babies welcome!
- Located at HFM Medical Center – 2300 Western Ave
- Espresso Connection – 2nd floor
- No registration required – FREE.
If you have questions about any of the classes, please call (920) 320-2436.