Hours of Operation
Similar to walk-in care, FastCare® offers adults and children older than 18 months same-day in-person care, as an alternative to urgent care. For your convenience, you can view available times and book online or walk-in for the next available appointment. The cost for a FastCare visit is $65.
For your convenience and to support social distancing, we now ask you to reserve a designated time with a provider at the location you choose. Our on-demand video visits may be another option for your care, depending on your needs.
FastCare® offers treatment of the conditions listed below. Age restrictions apply for selected services. If you book an appointment online, a member of our care team will contact you to complete the registration process and discuss video visit options if appropriate.
- Bladder infections (females, 12 years and older)
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Cold sores
- Ear infections
- Incision and drainage of small skin abscesses (*NOT on face)
- Insect bites
- Laceration repair (simple with Dermabond®)
- Minor burns
- Musculoskeletal aches and strains
- Nausea and vomiting
- Physicals* (camp, school, sport)
- Pink eye
- Poison ivy
- Sinus infections
- Skin tag removal
- Sore throat
- Swimmer’s ear
- Upper respiratory infections
- Wart removal
- Yeast infections
The following lab services, tests and treatments are also available.
- Flu shots
- Nebulizer treatment
- Pregnancy test
- Rapid strep
- TB skin testing
- Tetanus (TD and Tdap) vaccination
- If your child does not have a MyChart account, please bring any medical records to the appointment for the provider to review.
- For a WIAA physical, please complete the appropriate form with parental/guardian signatures prior to the appointment.
- If your child has not seen their primary care provider in the past two years, we recommend scheduling the appointment for the physical with the primary care provider.
If you are a current patient with MyChart, schedule your request for a physical, follow-up or office visit through MyChart. You can also manage prescriptions and message your provider.
Please bring current insurance information to your appointment or prescription pick-up. If you are being referred, please check with your doctor to see if you need to bring a referral form as well.