Recommended Screenings for Men
Holy Family Memorial values your health and recommends that adult men receive the following screenings to maintain optimum health and detect potential diseases as early as possible:
- Preventive exam—Annually
- Dental examination—Annually
- Digital rectal exam for prostate—Every two years after age 40
- Prostate Screening Assay (PSA lab test)—Minimum recommended screening every two years after age 50
- Abdominal Aortic Ultrasound—At age 65 and with any history of smoking
- Colonoscopy—At age 50 if there is no history of colon cancer, or at age 40 if there is a history of colon cancer in the family. Learn more here.
- Fecal occult blood testing—Annually if a colonoscopy is refused
- Blood pressure—Annually and more frequently with known high blood pressure
- Cholesterol (lipid) testing—At age 35 and repeated every five years, if normal
Schedule your screening today.
To schedule an appointment or screening, call us at (920) 320-6777