Our proven programs boost your bottom line while improving your employees’ lives.
Implementing a smart preventive care and wellness program can have very real, positive results for your organization and your bottom line. Reduce long-term healthcare costs, increase productivity, cut absenteeism and improve your overall corporate culture with our HFM Work Health Options Preventive Care & Wellness programs.
Explore a snapshot of our HFM Work Health Options Preventive Care & Wellness programs.
Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
An HRA is a comprehensive tool that identifies your employees’ health risks. The assessment is completely confidential and involves a venipuncture blood draw, blood pressure screening, several body measurements and a health history. An HRA can provide employees and employers with aggregate health information that can be compared year-to-year.
With an HRA, your employees receive:
- Lab results including full lipid panel (total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, total cholesterol/HDL ratio), fasting blood glucose, kidney and liver panel, and nicotine use (cotinine test)
- Biometric measurements (height, weight, blood pressure, healthy weight/BMI)
- Personalized, one-on-one review of results with a wellness specialist who will answer questions and provide options to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Summary data and trend analysis regarding your employee population
- Identification of top recommendations based on risks
- Suggestions for ways to improve your workforce health
Our commitment to improving employee health is real. Since 2007, HFM has provided nearly 40,000 HRAs in Manitowoc County alone and has achieved an 8.8% average cost avoidance of total healthcare-related expenses from 2007-2017.
Companies who have participated in HRA’s for 10 years have seen an improvement of an average of 2% fewer participants scoring in high and extreme risk for heart attack, stroke, and diabetes. Currently, only 13.7% of Manitowoc County HRA participants score in high & extreme risk vs. 18.2% nationally. This indicates that awareness and early intervention results in improved health of the employees of area companies utilizing Holy Family Memorial for Health Risk Assessments.
For organizations who may not want a cotinine (nicotine) test and/or prefer a less detailed report without a personalized one-on-one review of results, we offer a lower-cost alternative.
The assessment is completely confidential and involves a venipuncture blood draw, blood pressure screening, and several body measurements.
- Blood draw including lipid panel (total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, total cholesterol/HDL ratio, and fasting blood glucose (no cotinine test)
- Biometric measurements (height, weight, blood pressure, and other requested measurements)
Through our Wellness and Nutrition Coaching, your employees can participate in one-on-one, motivational coaching sessions with a Wellness Coach or Registered Dietitian. These are ideal for high to extreme risk participants who need additional help making positive lifestyle changes.
Effectively managing diseases helps both your organization and your employees. HFM Work Health Options offers advanced coaching by a nurse practitioner or physician assistant for employees with chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, metabolic syndrome and obesity.
Ninety-five percent of people who try to stop smoking on their own are not successful; however, studies have shown that using a formal treatment program increases long-term success.
HFM Work Health Options offers an innovative Tobacco Independence Program (TIP) that includes five, one-hour sessions over five weeks, facilitated by a smoking cessation specialist that can be done at the worksite or at HFM.
Through our HFM Work Health Options Preventive Care & Wellness programs, we offer a variety of additional healthcare services, including:
- RightTrack online incentive wellness system
- Wellness education programs
- Weight management and cholesterol wellness programs
- Health screens
- Corporate membership rates to our HFM Wellness Center