Are you a caring, compassionate person who likes to help others? If so, you should consider a career in healthcare!
The Scholarship Program is designed as a recruitment tool for employment of high-demand positions at Holy Family Memorial (HFM) and to assist students in their pursuit of a degree. In return for the scholarship, an employment service commitment is made.
In addition to providing financial assistance while in school, Holy Family Memorial attempts to place scholarship recipients in their chosen field of study within our network after graduation. This means, you could have a job lined up at HFM even before you graduate!
1. You must be accepted into an accredited program in pursuit of a qualifying degree. Programs include (but may not be limited to):
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
- Medical Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science
- Speech/Language Pathology
2. You must be attending school as a full- or part-time student and remain in that status.
3. You must have and maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
Scholarships are awarded on the following basis
We conduct a personal interview with you at which time we evaluate likelihood for professional success, professionalism, customer service orientation, work ethic, and enthusiasm. Additionally, a transcript of your grades and references are reviewed as well.
There is NO DUE DATE – scholarship payments begin the semester following your acceptance as a scholarship recipient.
1. Scholarships are given in different amounts per semester for technical colleges, state universities, and private Universities, and are prorated for part time students. Scholarships for CNA students cover the cost of the program.
2. The Scholarship is to be used for tuition cost only. Books, fees, or any other associated costs may not be paid with the scholarship money. CNA students are awarded the full cost of the program
3. The Scholarship payments will be made on a semester by semester basis and will be sent directly to the school you attend. Students must submit the previous semester’s grades and upcoming semester’s schedule to establish continued eligibility before the Scholarship payment will be made. CNA scholarships are a one-time payment.
4. Receipt of other scholarships does not eliminate you as a candidate for this scholarship. The amount of the Scholarship awarded each semester may not exceed the total cost of tuition for that semester.
5. Applicants who are awarded the Scholarship must make a six-month commitment to work at HFM (in the position associated with their Scholarship) for each semester the Scholarship is awarded. Once employed at HFM, we provide competitive wages and benefits in accordance with the current benefit and wage package. You would be expected to work on a full- or part-time basis (based on need), beginning within 30 days of graduation. CNA Scholarship recipients will make a 1-year commitment to work at HFM.
6. Graduates are responsible for obtaining their own Licensure and/or Certification.
7. HFM reserves the right to change, modify, or terminate the scholarship program at any time.
How to apply
1. Obtain and complete a scholarship application from HFM Human Resources or download the form below. Include the type of scholarship you are interested in, as well as your expected graduation date.
2. Submit names and contact information of two confidential references; at least one must be a faculty member.
3. Submit an official transcript of grades from all universities and technical colleges attended.
For more information or to submit an application, please contact:
- Human Resources
- PO Box 1450
- Manitowoc, WI 54221-1450
- (920) 320-4031