Just like a cardiologist is a physician who specializes in the heart and a neurologist specializes in the brain, a hospitalist is a physician who specializes in hospital medicine. They provide care to patients who are hospitalized with medical illnesses.
Benefits of a hospitalist:
- A provider is available in the hospital throughout the day to respond to changing conditions or answer questions.
- A hospitalist can concentrate on the needs of inpatients without balancing a clinic or surgery schedule.
- A hospitalist may be more aware of new inpatient treatments and therapies and can coordinate the care of needed specialists more efficiently.
- Hospitalists are always available to nursing staff, which promotes better communication among the care team members.
- There are fewer transfers of care between covering providers.
If you have any questions about the hospitalist program, please call Inpatient Care Services at (920) 320-3474.
[our-team template=”grid3″ group=”hospitalist”]