At Pain Clinic, we understand chronic pain and the impact it can have on your daily life. Our team of pain management experts specialize in helping you effectively manage your chronic pain. Because we want you living your life to its fullest—not hindered by chronic pain.
Our partnership with the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network means that if needed, your local HFM provider can connect you with all the resources of eastern Wisconsin’s only academic health system, including access to advanced treatment options and clinical trials not widely available.
If you have any questions on the services we provide to manage chronic pain or how you set up an appointment at our clinic, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
HFM Harbor Town Campus
1650 S 41st Street
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Phone: 920-320-3185 | Fax: 920-320-3574
Pain Management Experts
Our pain management experts are focused on minimizing your chronic pain, while maximizing your quality of life. We treat chronic pain caused by all types of conditions, including:
- Abdominal issues
- Chest wall issues, like rib fractures
- Limb issues
- Neck issues
- Neuralgia (nerve issues)
- Postoperative pain management, as requested by your surgeon
- Reflex sympathetic neuropathy (otherwise known as complex regional pain syndrome)
Proven treatment options to ease your pain
At Pain Clinic, we’re committed to getting to know you and your pain, so we can most effectively provide you with the right care, tailored to your specific needs. We know no two patients—or types of pain—are the same, and our team is proud to offer an array of proven, innovative techniques and treatment options to get you the right results, including:
- Pain medications, as well as anticonvulsants and anti-inflammatory medications, can be used in conjunction with other treatments to effectively manage your pain. At Pain Clinic, we’re committed to preventing the rise of opioid abuse, and as such, we utilize a comprehensive opioid agreement, including random urine drug screens and random pill counts.
- Targeted injections into a group of nerves that’s causing you pain to a specific area are designed to numb those nerves and markedly decrease your pain
Radiofrequency ablations of the spine, hips and knees
- Electrical current produced by a radio wave is used to heat up a small area of nerve tissue, which effectively decreases the pain signals from that specific area, providing you with immediate relief
Referrals for other services
Spinal cord stimulators
- A surgically placed implant under your skin sends electrical impulses to your spinal cord to control and relieve your chronic pain
Trigger point injections
- As the name implies, targeted injections inactivate muscular trigger points—typically in your neck, back or abdomen—and provide you with prompt pain relief
Learn how the right care from Pain Clinic changed one patient’s life.
After decades of suffering from chronic pain with no relief, Joan Brefczynski found Pain Clinic—and in turn—a new lease on life.
Get started. Get a referral.
At Pain Clinic, we’re passionate about successfully treating chronic pain, as well as providing our patients with the highest quality of individualized care. To ensure we stay focused on our specialty for each of our patients, we require a referral from your primary care provider or other healthcare professional before you can set up an appointment with us. The referral process is simple. If you’re dealing with chronic pain, tell your provider that you want to get the right care at Pain Clinic—they’ll get in touch with us to provide the information we require.