In collaboration with Felician Village, Holy Family Memorial created the Lakeshore Memory Clinic. This clinic offers help for families and patients experiencing the difficulties of memory loss, confusion surrounding daily life, new verbal problems, changes in mood or personality, and problem-solving difficulties that occur with aging. The Lakeshore Memory Clinic offers memory loss assessment, diagnosis, education and symptom management.
When to seek help.
Memory changes are common as adults age, including forgetfulness. There are times when the memory changes are due to medical problems that may be reversible or can be an indicator of a more serious diagnosis. We recommend visiting the Lakeshore Memory Clinic if the following are occurring:
- Disruptions in daily life due to memory loss
- Finding familiar tasks difficult to complete
- Speech, writing, or repeating words suddenly occur
- Hiding or misplacing things
- Pulling away from activities
- Mood or personality changes
- Planning or problem-solving challenges
The benefits of a memory evaluation.
A reliable memory evaluation is important if you are worried about a loved one’s or your memory. Memory evaluations may rule out memory problems or serious medical problems. The following are some of the critical reasons determining if findings dementia are present:
- Treatment or reversal of symptoms
- Starting certain treatments early leads to better effectiveness
- Other issues can be avoided with better understanding of changes
- A diagnosis helps in finding the correct support services, education, and will guide in making informed decisions and plans for the future
Schedule an appointment.
Call us at (920) 320-8600 to schedule an appointment.