Our goal is to provide a safe, healing environment. For everyone’s safety, please respect these guidelines.
Masking is optional for patients, visitors and staff except if you have fever, sore throat, runny nose or cough. If you choose, you are welcome to continue to wear a mask if symptom free and request that your care team also remain masked while caring for you.
Some areas, such as hematology and oncology units, may have their own policies. Please follow any unit-specific policies regarding masking. Ask a member of your care team if you have questions.
Our visitor policy allows for the following:
*Guidelines for visiting a patient in isolation:
- Limit of two visitors at the same time. Follow other designated visitor guidelines above.
- Visitors should go directly to the patient’s room and remain in the room during the visit, except to use the public restroom.
- For everyone’s safety, visitors should wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow all instructions provided.
- Do not visit if you are experiencing a fever, cough, sore throat or body aches.
- Visitors under 18 years of age must be supervised at all times by an adult. For adults in the emergency department or hospital, the adult cannot be the patient.
Exceptions may include:
- Patients with disabilities or who are minors; end-of-life decisions and care; other limited situations.
We understand the importance of keeping patients connected with their loved ones while receiving care. To stay connected, we encourage patients and families to use phone or video chat with anyone who is unable to visit.
Access to Froedtert Health facilities has returned to normal restrictions. While essential and non-essential vendors are now able to access our site, please continue to follow our guidelines related to masking, health screenings and mandatory vaccination.