Manitowoc, Wis., (June 12, 2023) – Get fit this summer with Froedtert Holy Family Memorial Hospital. The Fit in the Park health and wellness series provides a variety of free outdoor exercise opportunities in Manitowoc County from June through August.
Certified fitness instructors from the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Holy Family Memorial Wellness Center teach each class. During the last 10 minutes, a health care provider gives tips and information about healthy living and chronic disease prevention.
Fit in the Park schedule:
- Thursday, June 15 at 4:30 p.m. in Red Arrow Park – Yoga with Kathy Niquette and Salt and Heart Health with Jenna Domino, APNP (Bring your own yoga mat.)
- Thursday, June 29 at 4:30 p.m. in Red Arrow Park - HIIT Class with Katie Carolfi and You Are What You Eat/The Omnivore’s Dilemma with Joel Lundberg, MD, FACP
- Saturday, July 22 at 9 a.m. at the Mariners Trail - Wellness Hike with Tony Bieri and Health Benefits of Exercise with Emily Graf, DO (Meet at Huron St.)
- Thursday, July 27 at 4:30 p.m. in Red Arrow Park - Boot Camp with Tyler Wetenkamp and Effects of Moderate Intensity Exercise in the Prevention and Treatment of Chronic Disease with Jacob MacLean, DO
- Friday, Aug. 11 at 4:30 p.m. in Red Arrow Park - Zumba with Elizabeth Gruenke and What is HPV and How Does it Affect You? with Doreen Krause, APNP
Classes are about one hour and designed for all fitness levels. Attendees should arrive 10 minutes early to check in, bring water and wear sunscreen.
Fit in the Parks is held in partnership with Healthiest Manitowoc County and the Manitowoc Parks and Recreation Department. Learn more at hfmhealth.org/fit-park.
About the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin's only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma Center at Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, an internationally recognized training and research center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes 10 hospital locations, more than 2,100 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics, draws patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation. In our most recent fiscal year, outpatient visits were more than 1.7 million, inpatient admissions to our hospitals exceeded 58,000 and visits to our network physicians totaled more than 1.17 million. For more information, visit froedtert.com.
About Holy Family Memorial\
Holy Family Memorial, in affiliation with the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network, is the recognized leader and largest provider of comprehensive health care services in Manitowoc County. Founded by the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity, Holy Family Memorial, rooted in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, is committed to providing high quality medical care and dedicated to helping individuals in the communities Holy Family Memorial serves achieve healthier lives. The Froedtert & MCW health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma Center at Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee. The health network includes 10 hospital locations, more than 2,100 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics.