Healthy Life Screens
At HFM, our Healthy Life Screens provide a unique and potentially life-saving opportunity to detect and treat heart and vascular diseases before a life-threatening event occurs. Screenings are done onsite at Holy Family Memorial Medical Center and can be scheduled directly—without the need for a doctor’s order or referral.
We offer five different Healthy Life Screens:
- Atrial Fibrillation Screening – Detects atrial fibrillation—a rapid, irregular heartbeat—that if treated, can help prevent stroke.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Ultrasound Screening – Looks for enlargement of your abdominal aorta, which if left untreated could rupture.
- Cardiac Calcium Scoring – Detects buildup of calcified plaque in the arteries of the heart, which if left untreated can lead to heart attack. Recommended for ages 35-75.
- Carotid Artery Ultrasound Screening – Shows the buildup of fatty plaque in the arteries of the neck.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening – Finds buildup of fatty deposits in the arteries of the legs, which can lead to blockages.
Each Healthy Life Screens is only $35. Although the cost of the screening is typically not covered by health insurance, it may be applied toward your flexible savings account or health savings account. Bottom line—$35 is a small price to pay for your heart health.
Remember, Healthy Life Screens cannot detect all forms of stroke or heart disease and do not replace regular contact and follow-up with your physician. The screen is just another way Holy Family Memorial provides our patients with the power to take control of their healthcare.
Get your screening today.
Check out our Healthy Life Screens patient instructions, then call (920) 320-6777 to schedule your Healthy Life Screen.