Cancer is a life-changing diagnosis that can leave people stunned and searching for answers. At the Cancer Center, patients can turn to our nurse navigator to help them through every phase of the cancer journey.
A nurse navigator helps cancer patients:
- Communicate with doctors
- Learn about disease and treatment options
- Manage treatment side effects
- Setup appointments and rides to treatments
- Understand insurance issues and paperwork
- Receive financial resources and assistance
- Find community resources available to patients
- Find answers
Our nurse navigators begin working with cancer patients as soon as they receive a diagnosis, developing a survivorship plan to ensure patients have the support system needed through every step of their journey.